Required Hockey Equipment
- Mouth Guard - mandatory for all CYO players from FUNdamentals U6 to U18
- CSA approved helmet (with ear protectors)
- CSA approved full face protector (cage or visor)
- BNQ approved neck guard / throat protector (collar or bib type)
- Athletic support cup (Jock or Jill)
- Hockey pants
- Hockey shoulder pads
- Hockey elbow pads
- Hockey shin pads
- Hockey gloves
- Hockey skates
- Hockey practice jersey (not necessary for the Mite program)
- Hockey stick (right or left handed)
- Colored hockey stick tape
- Clear hockey sock tape
- ...and a smile!
Equipment from other sports such as soccer or football are not permitted in ice hockey and are not allowed to be used by players on the ice
The CYO supplies game jerseys and game socks. For U11 and below, jerseys can be kept at the end of the season. For U13 and up, jerseys may need to be returned at the end of the season, please check with your coach or division convener.
CYO supplies a game jersey and game socks. The jersey must be returned at the end of the season.